Full bore target rifle shooting is a challenging sport with a proud history in Australia, in most other Commonwealth countries and in the United States of America as well. If you want to have a go, then you need to express an interest via an email: (contact)
This will ensure that an Authorised Instructor is present and aware of the introductory shoot. It will also allow our New Shooter Co-ordinator to ensure that the necessary club equipment is on the range, and that an experienced club member is available to coach you – one on one. An introductory session will cost you just $20 and there is no obligation to either join the Club or to obtain a firearms licence just to have a go.
Existing members may personally introduce and coach a prospective member – one on one – provided an Authorised Instructor is present and aware of the introductory shoot, and the necessary club equipment has been booked ahead of time.
Anyone interested in just having a look are welcome to come out to the
McIntosh Rifle Range during any club shoot on most Saturday afternoons.
Competitions for members generally start at 1.30pm and finish around 4.30pm.
- Preliminary Information for Interested Persons
- Frequently asked questions
- F Class Basics
- Target Rifle Basics – see more: http://nraa.com.au/
- For ACT residents please download the Participation Declaration interactive form, complete and use the ‘Submit’ button to email to the club. Alternatively save and attach to your own email or print and bring along on the day.
- For NSW residents a P650 form is required to be completed prior to shooting:
P650 – Form (NSW Police)
P650 – Fact Sheet (NSW Police)
P650 – Frequently Asked Questions (NSW Police)